cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject RE: Portal navigation items
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 03:58:15 GMT
I modified TabContentAspect as was discussed yesterday.  I was able to
generate the sub-navigation and the urls however, when I try to select them
they don't work.  Just for testing I modified the code to call
processLayout for every tab - not just the one selected.  As you would
expect, this generated a single page containing the whole website.  I then
tried selecting one of the sub-nav items from a different page and again it
didn't work.

While testing I noticed that when I entered the url for the sub nav it was
marked with selected=true.  However, the parent tab was not selected!  The
selected tab was still the initial page (or whatever page I was on when I
selected the sub-nav).  The implication is that when directly selecting a
sub-nav item all of its ancestors must also be marked as selected (at least
that's what I think).  Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how all the
event handling stuff works yet, except that I'm guessing that
RequestParameterEventAspect is somewhere in the picture.

I'd appreciate your advice on where to look next.

Thanks,
Ralph