cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject RE: Portal navigation items
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:25:18 GMT
At 9/2/2004  12:01 AM, you wrote:
>Ralph Goers wrote:
> >
> > I looked at this some more.  It looks like I need to generate
> > the sub-navigation for non-selected items in
> > TabContentAspect.java.  Would it be OK to add another boolean
> > parameter to control whether to generate this?
> >
>You could do this and it would solve your problem, but :) currently
>onle the coplets that are visible are triggered - which means they
>are asked to deliver they content. If you do your changes then
>*all* coplets of the current user are triggered - even if they
>are not visible. In addition, you have to modify the stylesheets
>to not render all of this additional information.
>
>Hmm, thinking about it, you could change the aspect the way you
>suggest and you could then change the stylesheets that they
>remove everything from not selected tabs (coplets etc) but
>contained tabs. This should work.
>
>HTH
>Carsten

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't thinking of calling processLayout - I'd
leave that only for the selected tab.

I was thinking of something like:

// existing code
if (j ==selected) {
   processLayout(....)
}
// new code
else if (config.generateSubNav) {
   this.processSubNav(tab.getLayout, ...);
}

processSubNav would generate a "sub-nav" element and then generate
named-item elements for each tab. It would then call toSax() to recursive
process any subordinate sub-nav below that.

Am I missing something in thinking that this would keep the coplets from
being rendered?  If I am, then yes, it should be an easy matter to strip
the stuff from non-selected tabs, although that isn't very "pretty".

Ralph