cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <>
Subject RE: continuations and session
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 06:38:46 GMT
Is it that much work to store continuations in a session? I think that
the continuation manager will even become simpler than the current one.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sylvain Wallez []
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: continuations and session

Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Is it possible (due to security reasons) to tie every continuation to
> a particular user session? This way noone could "hack" into the
> application by using an url from history. I have problems with my
> application because it allows to run a continuation even if user has
> logged out. If continuations were bound to a particular session
> destroying the session would invalidate ALL of them - which is much
> better solution than invalidating each by hand in flowscript.
> I found this problem and I really have no idea how I could fix this.
> Right now it looks like this:

<snip what="code"/>

> The problem is : I cannot wrap <map:call continuation/> with some
> session validator action because I do not know if this continuation
> does not belong to login procedure (this way I would block access to
> entering data into login form - total security ! :)).
> I would like to keep the application logic intact so every
> /baseURL/ would show a login form first and then
> continue to appropriate page (if user has not been authenticated
> Please comment.

Well, IMO the only clean way to achieve this is to have a continuations
manager that automatically binds new continuations to the current
session, thus making fully isolated continuation groups.

I proposed this some time ago [1] for other purposes but hadn't the time

up to now to actually write it. Want to write it?