cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From ĎURDINA Michal <Michal.Durd...@assetsoft.sk>
Subject [portal] deprecation of request data store
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:17:22 GMT
This mail refers a bit to my previous thread "Sharing cocoon.jar between multiple web aplications"

I have problem with portal engine running in ear bundled with other portlet webapps when all
libraries are on ear level. I get NPE when portlet is resolving its portlet-url via

PortletURLProviderImpl.toString() ->
PortalServiceImpl.getComponentManager() ->
PortalServiceInfo.getInfo() ->
PortalInfo.getComponentManager() -> returns null !

I am using the cocoon-2.1.5 release and the code in PortalServiceImpl has changed since then
in CVS

from version 1.10:

    protected PortalServiceInfo getInfo() {
        PortalServiceInfo info = (PortalServiceInfo) this.dataStore.getRequestData(this.key);
        if ( info == null ) {
            info = new PortalServiceInfo();
            info.setup(ContextHelper.getObjectModel(this.context), this.portalComponentManagers);
            this.dataStore.setRequestData(this.key, info);
        }
        return info;
    }

to version 1.12 (CVS comment CZ: "Deprecate request data store and remove it's use in the
portal"):

    protected PortalServiceInfo getInfo() {
        final Request request = ContextHelper.getRequest( this.context );
        PortalServiceInfo info = (PortalServiceInfo) request.getAttribute(this.key, Request.GLOBAL_SCOPE);
    }

I would like to know what was the reason for this change and if it would solve the problem
I described upper.

In that case I would like to make a patch that would make those changes applicable for cocoon
2.1.5 release. But the change introduced the use of feature new to cocoon-2.2.0-dev core ->
request.getAttribute(this.key, Request.GLOBAL_SCOPE). Will it be feasable to backport all
this functionality back to cocoon 2.1.5? Or you would advise another solution.

Thank you,
Michal

Michal Ďurdina
ASSET Soft, a.s. / eBussiness Solutions
Košická 56, 821 08 Bratislava SLOVAK REPUBLIC
Phone: +421-2-50703-523
Fax: +421-2-50703-444
e-mail: michal.durdina@assetsoft.sk

http://www.assetsoft.sk