cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customizing the JxTemplateGenerator
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:32:54 GMT
Danny Bols wrote:

>Repost...in the hope that the Jx/Jexl gurus are not on vacation.

Worse than that: the Jx/Jexl guru has left the project (it's Chris Oliver).

>When customizing the JxTemplateGenerator we ran into a hardcoded
>implementation of the Uberspect in Cocoon-2.1.4. The only way to get our own
>implementation of the Uberspect up-and-running was to DIRTY hack the
>JEXL-source.
>
>Anyone ran into the same problems? Any better solutions?

Well, you seem to be more aware than us on this, so tell us the result
of your investigation, so that we can improve our knowledge.

Maybe a little refactoring of JXTG allowing a subclass to redefine the
Uberspect could help?

Sylvain