cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Interesting on Servlet
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:40:49 GMT
peter royal wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2004, at 7:27 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.mortbay.com/MB/log/gregw/?permalink=servletNG.html
>>>     Pier
>>

>> wow, what do you think it would take to create a CocoonServletNG?
>

> not too much, since we're already event based. maybe treat each pipeline
> component as a stage?

But you'll have to bury half of methods in Request/Response interfaces
(request/response headers, possibly request parameters too?), and work with
content Object (java.io.File for file upload, org.w3c.Document for XML upload,
but what for regular request? And what is Object for response - if not byte[])
instead of I/O streams.

So it's significant, and backward incompatible change. But it is still possible.

Vadim