cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <>
Subject Fw: [ Release] ehcache : ehcache
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:20:00 GMT wrote:

>Project: ehcache  (ehcache)
>Package: ehcache
>Date   : 2004-09-28 07:03
>Project "ehcache" ('ehcache') has released the new version of package 'ehcache'.
>You can download it from by following this link:
>or browse Release Notes and ChangeLog by visiting this link:

I believe this was to be our cue for moving ehcache based store to the
core and making it our default right? I have just updated our ehcache to
the new release version but haven't yet moved it to the core. If noone
objects I will move it to the core later.

There still remains one FIXME in the EHCache store implementation
though. Method free() hasn't been implemented. AFAIK this one is called
by the StoreJanitor to do its work. However, although it works a little
different from ours, EHCache has its own kind of janitor mechanism that
operates on the basis of time-to-live and time-to-idle expiry
strategies. Will this be sufficient or should we try to come up with
some sort of implementation of the free() method?

Another thing to keep in mind is that EHCacheStore cannot be used in the
role of a transient store. This is because it requires entries to be
Serializable even if it is configured not to be persistence enabled. I
will file an enhancement request to the ehcache guys like we did with
JCS at the time, to remove this requirement.

View raw message