cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: FIXME in IncludeTransformer [Was: Re: Adding Files to Subversion]
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:00:36 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> On 27 Sep 2004, at 23:49, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>>> Then we could re-create the request by something like:
>>> <incl:include src="proto://whatever">
>>>   <incl:param name="parameterName">value</incl:param>
>>> </incl:include>
>>

>> Well, if the only thing which troubles you is request, then you can
>> easily do this now with simple:
>>
>>   <i:include src="cocoon://pipeline?param=value"/>
>>
>> And be done with it. You won't need any changes in IncludeTransformer
>> at all.
>

> The only problem with it is the encoding of the URL, which I shall do in
> XSLT, somehow...
>
> Parameters that might contain "weird" characters like "&" or "=" could
> be troublesome, while if explicitly included in elements, it would make
> our life easier...

Go ahead, add parameters. We still need to re-create CInclude
functionality in order to deprecate it. But, it won't solve caching
issue mentioned - I guess I'll tackle it later. JFYI, that's how it
looks in CInclude:

      <!-- The following are optional parameters appended to the URI -->
      <cinclude:parameters>
          <cinclude:parameter>
              <cinclude:name>a name</cinclude:name>
              <cinclude:value>a value</cinclude:value>
          </cinclude:parameter>
          <!-- more can follow -->
      </cinclude:parameters>

A bit too verbose... I'd go with your's:

   <i:parameter name="name">value</i:parameter>

Vadim