cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: FIXME in IncludeTransformer [Was: Re: Adding Files to Subversion]
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:06:28 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> On 27 Sep 2004, at 20:17, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>   PK_G-file-doc.xml_T-I-cocoon://internal?pipelinehash=1234567890_S-xml
>

> Have you seen my earlier commit of the "ResourceParameterGenerator"
> today?

Yes, "RequestParameterGenerator".

> What about using a similar approach to generate the cache? I'll
> try to set up a test environment and to give it a shot if you have
> nothing against it!

Do you refer to the fact that it uses list of request parameters and its
values as a cache key?

Yes, I'm against it. Request parameter in previous email was simply an
example - it could be anything from the environment at large (== JVM
where application is running + OS + ...).

Proper solution will be composed key similar to the composed validity in
IncludeTransformer. This also can be made configurable: in simplier
cases, you won't need aggregated key and can use transformer as it is now.

Vadim