cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: template.jx - up to date?
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:06:41 GMT
Michal Stochmialek wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Could you tell me what's the status of template.jx?
>Can I use it with v1 Form.js?  v2?
>
>For a first look (and first tests) it can be used with v1:
>
>e.i. in macro form-template is:
><jx:set var="context_widget_" value="#{.}"/>
>
>but should be:
><jx:set var="context_widget_" value="#{CooconFormsInstance}"/>
>
>because in Form.js (in showForm function) is:
>
>bizData[Packages.org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.FormsPipelineConfig.CFORMSKEY]
= this.form;

>Later unwrap() function is used on Java objects...
>
>Well... something's wrong. Is this file totally updated or
>only for other version of Form.js?

template.jx in its current state is designed to work speciffically with
v2/Forms.js, as the relies on the fact that v2/Form.js publishes the
form itself as the view's context object.

I personally don't like this behaviour, as it prevents passing other
data than the form to the view, which can be very restrictive. If you
consider the "current" Form.js (not v2 nor v3), the prototype of
Form.showForm is the same as cocoon.sendPageAndWait().

I'm currently working on an updated version of these macros, where there
is no automagical publication of top-level widgets as jx variables and
where "current_widget_" becomes "currentWidget" that is publicly
available, along with "form" which references the form defined by the
enclosing ft:form-template.

Sylvain