cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Block deployer - first draft in SVN
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:00:34 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I don't understand the Block interface:
>
> public interface Block {
>     public InputStream getInputStream() throws IOException;
>     public RemoteBlock getRemoteBlock();
> }
>
> Why does it expose an InputStream???

Hmm, I wrote this a long time ago and haven't had reached the point yet
to write the implementation. My goal is having a "light" version of a
block to get access to its meta data (RemoteBlock) and I need access to
the block as binary. Streams and Java is _not_ a strengh of mine and
before I'm going to implement it, I will read (again) about streams to
learn what's the best object to be returned. Any suggestions? ;-)

--
Reinhard