cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Widget states: let's do it (was Re: CForms making widgets invisible)
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:03:58 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> And now, with "enabled"/"disabled"/"invisible"?
>

> I guess I'm Ok with that; can you also comment how it relates to:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108981424626685
>

> Your proposal seems to differ a bit by mixing presentation and
> input/output concern - I guess there is a reason for this too :)

My proposal is only about what data comes in a out from the form model.
The state certainly impacts how it is displayed, but this can be further
refined in the view. For example Tim's "inline" and "disabled" proposal
are two possible stylings of a disabled widget, in the same manner than
an enabled widget that can have the "hidden" styling.

Sylvain