cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 47047 - in cocoon/trunk/src: blocks/databases/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation blocks/linkrewriter/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation blocks/mail/java/org/apache/cocoon/mail/transformation blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/coplets/basket blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/transformation blocks/repository/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation blocks/session-fw/java/org/apache/cocoon/webapps/session/transformation java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:21:30 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>> Nono: what's explained here is that some parsers may not report the
>> qName if their namespace-prefixes property is false. The
>> ContentHandler.startElement() javadoc clearly states that the
>> namespaceURI *is never null* !
>>
>> Passing null namespace URIs is a well known source or crashes for
>> Xalan :-/
>

> Great, thanks for the info!
>
> Does that mean that the empty string is not allowed as a namespace URI?
>
> <foo:bar xmlns:foo=""/>

Aha, good question!

The namespace spec [1] states that the namespace URI "should have the
characteristics of uniqueness and persistence". The empty string doesn't
seem explicitely forbidden, but I'm not sure it has the required
characteristics :-)

Sylvain

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#ns-decl