cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 47047 - in cocoon/trunk/src: blocks/databases/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation blocks/linkrewriter/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation blocks/mail/java/org/apache/cocoon/mail/transformation blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/coplets/basket blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/transformation blocks/repository/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation blocks/session-fw/java/org/apache/cocoon/webapps/session/transformation java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:07:27 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> vgritsenko@apache.org wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> AbstractSAXTransformer cleanup:
>> Make sure namespaceURI is not null
>

> http://www.saxproject.org/?selected=namespaces
>
> If I understand this correctly, a null URI should be used
> to denote elements without a namespace (I used to handle
> it like that).

Nono: what's explained here is that some parsers may not report the
qName if their namespace-prefixes property is false. The
ContentHandler.startElement() javadoc clearly states that the
namespaceURI *is never null* !

Passing null namespace URIs is a well known source or crashes for Xalan :-/

Sylvain

[1]
http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/ContentHandler.html#startElement(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20org.xml.sax.Attributes)