cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: CForms: setting attributes in the form definition
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:15:25 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Marc Portier wrote:
>
>> none,
>>
>> just had one spontanuos thought:
>> maybe we can reduce typing somewhat if we add those attributes by
>> using a different namespace (rather then, the default one which seems
>> to be so commong for attributes)
>>
>> (possibly reusing 'fd', or introducing 'fa' for form-atributes)
>>
>> your sample would become:
>> <fd:field id="foo" fa:bar="baz">
>> </fd:field>
>>
>> as said: just a thought
>

> Interesting thought. It surely saves some keystrokes, but introduces yet
> another namespace in CForms, and I'm afraid it may confuse users.

hm, if that is the only counter-argument, then you could reuse the fd
namespace, no?

after all you will be doing that now too with fd:attribute/@name,@value

> So I think I'll favour clarity to terseness (remember, it's one of the
> 10 design goals of XML [1]).
>
> Sylvain
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210#sec-origin-goals

yeah, I'm very aware (and that's why I had the thought :-))

don't you get enough of all this <>'"&/typing?

-marc= (thinking about filing a patent on new xml-facilitating keyboard
layouts :-))