cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms: setting attributes in the form definition
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:04:21 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> none,
>
> just had one spontanuos thought:
> maybe we can reduce typing somewhat if we add those attributes by
> using a different namespace (rather then, the default one which seems
> to be so commong for attributes)
>
> (possibly reusing 'fd', or introducing 'fa' for form-atributes)
>
> your sample would become:
> <fd:field id="foo" fa:bar="baz">
> </fd:field>
>
> as said: just a thought

Interesting thought. It surely saves some keystrokes, but introduces yet
another namespace in CForms, and I'm afraid it may confuse users.

So I think I'll favour clarity to terseness (remember, it's one of the
10 design goals of XML [1]).

Sylvain

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210#sec-origin-goals