cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Rhino from and continuations
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:15:00 GMT
Igor Bukanov wrote:

> Hi!
> contains a working
> patch against Rhino CVS from to enable Continuation
> support there.

Great work, Igor. Thanks a lot!

A minor remark though, about the syntax for creating the continuation.
AFAICS, this is currently done with "Continuation()". I personally find
it misleading, as the continuation represents the point where the
current function was called, and not the point where the
"Continuation()" statement occured.

Long ago, I proposed to Chris to allow a syntax suggested in [1] (2nd
post) which is "arguments.continuation" which clearly relates the
continuation to the point where the function is called, and he
implemented it in [2] (search for "TokenStream.GETPROP").

This may seem as nitpicking, but if this is to go into the official
Rhino and if Cocoon has to cope with minor incompatibilities like
catch(continue|break|return), it would be good to have a clean syntax
for continuations.

What do you think?

PS: I don't currently have time myself for testing the new Rhino, but
hope others do!