cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: [ESQL-Bug???] sql exception: invalid cursor state
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:55:26 GMT
> I'm really no Java guru but maybe I've found a bug in the esql logicsheet?

I doubt this is a bug :-)

> The Java class gives the correct result but the esql breaks with the
> exception see below.

Two fundamental differences though.
Esql uses prepared statements and
a scrollable ResultSet by default.

See JdbcEsqlQuery.java for more details.

> If I use the esql:max-rows element within my xsp page (see comment
> above) and gives it a value beneath the expected maximum rows I get no
> exception. If I set esql:max-rows to a value above the maximum rows of
> the sql result, the same exception is thrown.
>
> Can somebody comment this behavior?

I personally assume this is because
of the ResultSet type. Instead of the
default "jdbc" try using e.g. "pervasive"
instead (uses only a simple ResultSet) and
please report back.

For further test: it helps to have a look at
the generated java code.

cheers
--
Torsten