cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Re: handle-errors and the SitemapSource - workaround
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:05:35 GMT
Looking at the source, I can't see any obvious way for the SitemapSource
to get access to the pipeline's error handler.  So taking the cowards
way out, I created a new SitemapSource called
ErrorHandlingSitemapSource.  I added some code to use the SourceUtil to
call another pipeline (provided as a parameter) if the original pipeline
source fails.

Does this sound ok?  I am concerned about what would happen if the
original pipeline threw an exception after producing some sax events --
this might lead to some strange combination of the original pipeline and
the alternate pipeline.  Or does the pipeline only start producing
events after the pipeline is processed?

cheers,
-steve