cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [request] creation of the Tani branch
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:34:24 GMT
Hey peeps,

I'm catching up on some old list traffic, and I thought I'd comment
since I was too busy when this first came up. I just want a little
clarification:

Stefano originally wrote:

"The closest thing that we have in place for that is Pier's kernel (that
was development with my vocal/written help, but no code). I don't like
the idea of basing our framework on somebody elses, mainly for community
reasons, so I will start from there."

I understand not wanting to base the code off something that was done
commercially, but I'm a little confused: does this mean that Tani will
be based off Pier's work or not?  If not, what are we going to do with
Pier's code, if anything?

It would be a shame to see his hard work go down the tubes.

Just some questions,

Tony