cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: continuations and session
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:10:10 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

<snip/>

>> Well, IMO the only clean way to achieve this is to have a
>> continuations manager that automatically binds new continuations to
>> the current session, thus making fully isolated continuation groups.
>>
>> I proposed this some time ago [1] for other purposes but hadn't the
>> time up to now to actually write it. Want to write it?
>
> If you gave me a few hints what should be changed - I will do it.

Well I started by looking at the CurrentContinuationManagerImpl which is
a bit complicated. Maybe writing a new one from scratch would be easier.

The idea is to store in the session a data structure that holds the
continuations related to the session. This data structure should hold a
counter used to create per-session continuation id, and it should also
implement HttpSessionBindingListener so that all continuations get
properly deleted whenever the continuation expires. Of course,
individual continuations should still have their own expiration management.

Sorry, not much time lately to help you more on this.

Sylvain