cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Binding and Namespaces
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:14:35 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>If I'm binding an XML document to a form, is it possible
>to use namespaces in the binding? (The bound data has
>namespaces)

The solution I've used successfully up to now is to bind to a document
that already has a root element which holds the namespace definitions
with the same prefixes as those used in the binding. This works thanks
to o.a.c.util.jxpath.DOMFactory.

Now, as mentioned, the recent JXPath 1.2 has added real support for
namespaces, which may allow us to use the namespaces used in the binding
file without the previous trick.

Sylvain