cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Custom extensions - to be made available if possible
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:53:46 GMT
Hello:

Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n dijo:
> Hello,
>
> We're making progress with the PDF Generator. A skeleton is already built.
>
> A decision is necessary: Which PDF reading library is to be used?
>
> As I said in a previous e-mail (Sep 10), we downloaded PDF box
> (www.pdfbox.org), but it seems to us a bit hard to use.

This project uses the BSD license. I think this can be a good candidate
for integration with Cocoon. Because of the BSD license, We can be able to
include the code and distribute the library as part of the cocon releases.

> It seems to have a viewer, and so it seems to draw on a Graphics. This
> could be used combined with Batik to generate SVG... but that seems a
> bit overkill.
>
> We also found Etymon PJX (www.etymon.com/epub.html), but it's like the
> hard part of pdfbox, but without the easier part concerning the
> Graphics.

This one is GPL. The integration with Cocoon will be more dificult. Same
case as Hibernate.

OF course this is just from the license POV. I have not experience with
neither of them.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo