cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: [GT 2004] PGP key signing?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:10:17 GMT

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I've never organized a signing party, but if everyone comes with
> several printed copies of their key, with their name on it, I think
> it's fairly easy to swap them and validate at least the people that we
> know well.

Easiest way to do this is:

Ask people to go to a wiki page:

	http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonGetTogether2004PGP

or someting like that.

Then on that page have something like

-	Ensure your fingerprint is at a keyserver (See
	http://pgp.mit.edu/) for details.

-	Please add your fingerprint+email to this page; e.g.
	the output 'gpg --fingerprint dirkx@apache.org' or
	'pgpk -ll dirkx@apache.org'

	pub  1024R/EC140B81 1997-04-10 Dirk-Willem van Gulik
	<dirkx@apache.org>
	Key fingerprint = A5 EC 78 D5 BB DE FE ED  50 55 DA 6D C6 E0 E7 85

And ask people to do this before the first day of the event. Then at the
event print out N copies of this page. Then whenever you meet (or you just
all meet) you each verify with each other that *your* on *their* printout
is correct. And then 'they' put an OK next to your name.

Once you get home you can add/sign each of the fingerprints you have made
a mark against.

Dw