cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: accessing the pipeline structure
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:14:08 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> writes:

<snip>context aware pipeline-discussion<snip/>

> Now, the guy needs a SOAP validator transformer. My
> suggestion would be
> *NOT* to reuse the cocoon pipeline machineries for that but
> to just call
> something else that does it for you, like Axis, or write his own
> reactor-based valication code in flowscript calling Axis stuff.

Looking at this for a second I think the code I've posted in the past on
how we do Schematron validation via flowscript would be applicable.
Basically, with flow, input/output module, and processPipelineTo you can
already construct dynamic pipelines. The hack is that you end up writing
request attributes via transformers for checking in other parts of the
flow.  A more elegant method of sending messages between pipelines and
flow might be nice.  JMX output modules and a flow JMX listener
component perhaps?