cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Add pass-through capability to mounted pipelines
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:06:50 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> +1 for the ability to return for subsequent processing.
> I like the explicit name "return-no-match".

The fact is that it's not necessarily true that it will be only matches
that it fails to find. The "contract" is simply that it will continue if
no xml pipeline (gen-[transf]-ser) is executed.

'passthrough' is the same used in James (actually it's passThrough).

An option could be "return" (IOW come back) or "delegate" (give
processing responsinility to the parent).

In any case, the best one that will seem ok to me will go in there...
after all it's the functionality we need, not the name ;-) (*)

> The default should ideally be true, but does that
> sit okay with back-compatibility?

The default must be backward compatible, IOW false.

       - (*)  verba volant, scripta manent -