cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject ResourceExists does not work on cocoon: protocol requests?
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:30:27 GMT

I'm hacking Forrest so that users can add their documents to the Forrest
processing.

First of all, from the root sitemap I mount their sitemap in a separate
uri space if it's found ({project:sitemap} contains the URL to the user
sitemap):

          <map:match pattern="project_sitemap/**">
            <map:select type="exists">
              <map:when test="{project:sitemap}">
                <map:mount uri-prefix="project_sitemap"
                           src="{project:sitemap}"
                           check-reload="yes" />
              </map:when>
            </map:select>
          </map:match>

Then, in another subsitemap, where Forrest searches for source files, I
want to see if the user sitemap has an xml file to serve me for the
current URI, and if so, use it:

       <map:select type="exists">
         <map:when test="cocoon://project_sitemap/{uri}.xml">
           <map:generate src="cocoon://project_sitemap/{uri}.xml" />
           <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
         </map:when>
          ...etc

The problem is that the test is always true IIUC, and the result is an
'Attempted to process incomplete pipeline.'

In fact IIUC, in SitemapSource I see:

     /**
      *
      * @see org.apache.excalibur.source.Source#exists()
      */
     public boolean exists() {
         return true;
     }

Any hint if/on how to make this work, or alternatives?
I'm literally _drowning_ in this code.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -