cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Billy Turchin" <bturc...@revenuetech.com>
Subject Patch? - HSSFSerializer NullPointerException in EPStyle.java
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:26:24 GMT
  This problem relates to the POI block.  I was configuring an HSSF
transformation (to Excel) and kept getting a NullPointerException.  After
some investigation into the source, I discovered the problem was that
EPStyle was assuming a format was specified and I did not have one in my
gmr:Style.  I made a change to have the code handle this case and leave it
as the default General Format.  The change is below.  If you agree this is a
worthy patch, please let me know what (if anything) I need to do to get the
patch put in the cvs tree.

src\blocks\poi\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\elementprocessor\impl\poi\h
ssf\elements\EPStyle.java

Around line 179 added format!=null :

// If format is non-null and different than General format
if (format!=null && !format.equals(_general_format)) {