cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject [OT] thought on license discussions (was: Re: Hibernate question)
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:57:15 GMT
On 09 Aug 2004, at 21:53, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Let's imagine we base cocoon on spring. There was a discussion about
> including hibernate in cocoon and it failed (licensing). Spring being
> ASL 2.0 ships with hibernate library, even if not - it contains code
> that was compiled against hibernate interfaces. Wouldn't this be an
> issue?

Before anyone makes the obligatory remark license discussions are
boring, let's just not forget what Debian has been doing in this field
since many years - http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/

Granted, the number of license discussions has been increasing over the
past year(s), but if they can cope, so should we. It is the crux of the
contract we provide to our users.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org