cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jennifer Yip" <jenyip...@hotmail.com>
Subject Dont let it spoil my weekend
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:42:10 GMT

Guys,

Please help:

Is there a standard approach to dealing with Soap-Env:Fault in Cocoon
pipelines

Ok I think I understand the error handling aspects, when an exception is
thrown, but picture this XSP file using the built in logic sheet:

referencedata.xsp

<xsp:page language="java"
  xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
  xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
  xmlns:soap="http://apache.org/xsp/soap/3.0"
  xmlns:xscript="http://apache.org/xsp/xscript/1.0"
  xmlns:log="http://apache.org/xsp/log/2.0">
<page>
  <soap:call url="http://localhost:9999/axis/ReferenceService.jws"
method="http://localhost/axis/getReferenceItems" >
   <s0:getReferenceItems xmlns:s0="http://localplace.com/">
     <s0:key><xsp-request:get-parameter name="key" /></s0:key>
   </s0:getReferenceItems>
  </soap:call>
</page>
</xsp:page>

The request etc works fine but I have just started testing exceptions in the
soap service and these get transformed to soap-env:faults when response is
received above.

The pipeline I currently have is

    <map:match pattern="referenceData.xsp">
      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="referenceData.xsp"/>
      <!--<map:transform src="refTest.xsl"/>-->
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>

So guys of the development group HELP

do I xpath match in the transformer and then do what? use 1.4 Java Xalan
extension to throw real exception.. putting in domain of error handler?

do I somehow switch on xpath test of output of referenceData.xsp? HOW?

or is there a 3rd place :)

Help guys

Jenny ... 2 week old cocooner...

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/