cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jennifer Yip" <>
Subject Navigation and Cocoon Portal
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2004 15:58:20 GMT

Hi guys,

Quick question as I struggle through work on a Sunday afternoon.

I have spent a week or two now looking at Cocoon and the new portal block -
loving it to death - you guys are doing a great job.

ok quick question for newbie (but learning quick)

I am trying to work out how to be able to add a tab containing a portlet to
a users config dynamically - ie I have a popup tree of things and when
selected each thing should be displayed in a coplet window - ie

popup contains - Sheep, Cow, Dog
User selects and this somehow make a new tab appear in portal with a mapped

is that possible?

or do I modify the pipeline that supplies the initial layout to be dynamic
and somehow do it that way?

   <layout-user-load uri="cocoon:raw:/load-user-profile?profile=layout"/>

kind regards