cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [Help]How can I use non-ascii file name?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:03:41 GMT
On 16 Aug 2004, at 14:02, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I'll see why this happens in Jetty, I'll poke Jen and Greg to have
> either a fix, or an explaination and workaround... For now, brrrr, I
> think that the hack is the only way to go...

I don't know about Tomcat, but if you're not on the jetty developers
list, here's the outcome:

Jetty defaults (for compatibility to all the other broken containers,
and because there's no "official standard" about UTF-8 URIs) to
ISO-8859-1. And this ain't great.

Now, the good thing is that if you start your jetty specifying the
"org.mortbay.util.URI.charset" system property, it will use that one as
the charset used for decoding URLs.

So, by putting in "-Dorg.mortbay.util.URI.charset=UTF-8" we get the
expected behavior.

How about setting it up as the default behavior for Cocoon's internal
Jetty distro?

	Pier