cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [proposal - take 2] Whiteboard Branches
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 18:20:16 GMT
On 1 Aug 2004, at 14:20, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> In order to summarize:
>
> - whiteboard
>   The whiteboard can contain revelutionary stuff like Butterfly or
> other
>   one-man-shows. They needn't be based on the current codebase - they
>   only have to have some relationship to Cocoon.
>   Evolving from whiteboard needs a vote.

+1
expanding: one man shows, proposals, stuff not tied to cocoon directly
but we might want to track down their development anyhow, anything
which is not cocoon-prime and that doesn't fit in a block, for which
the scratchpad block is used...

> - branches
>   Branches are based either on previous minor releases (e.g. 2.1.x)
>   or they are future, evolutionary developments based on the codebase
>   that is available at the time of branching. Branches are supported
>   by the community and fixes go into all branches that activly
> developed.

+1

> - scratchpad (block)
>   Small contributions that don't require a new branch and you want
>   to indicate that this is not supported by the community at the
>   time of committing it. Examples are new components.
>   They still need a vote to be moved into a stable block or into
>   Cocoon core.

+1
well said that we need a vote to move somehting out of scratchpad into
a stable block, as from an unstable to a stable one.

Does this make +3 overall from me? :-P

	Pier