cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Nesting/Aggregating generator...
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:28:34 GMT
On 24 Aug 2004, at 21:48, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 24 Aug 2004, at 19:07, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>
>> How it will differ from [1]? IncludeTransformer was added recently
>> exactly to address this problem with CIncludeTransformer. See also
>> bug #30356.
>>
>> Vadim
>>
>> [1]
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/scratchpad/
>> java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/IncludeTransformer.java
>
> Well, at a first glance, I'd say that the IncludeTransformer is
> breaking up quite a lot of rules regarding caching...

Disregard entirely... I'm f**king stupid... See the
"URLEncodingTransformer" which is by all means cachable.

Nope, then... The union of FileGenerator + IncludeTransformer or
PiersIncludeGenerator don't have anything different, apart from a
little subtlety regarding the recursive-inclusion behavior (if one of
the included sources contains the inclusion element, it'll be processed
recursively).

	Pier