cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Add pass-through capability to mounted pipelines
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:38:42 GMT
Le 31 août 04, à 08:33, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> +1 for the ability to return for subsequent processing.
>> I like the explicit name "return-no-match".
>> The default should ideally be true, but does that sit okay
>> with back-compatibility?
>>
> No :) The default should be "false".

+1, the current behaviour should be the default

> I'm not a native speaker (obviously) and don't want to be *too* picky,
> but "return-no-match" sounds a little bit wrong to me.
> I think something like "return-on-no-match" or so would
> be better, no?

Agreed, or even "continue-if-no-match".

A bit verbose, but Nicola says in his proposal "...make it possible for
mounts not to necessarily halt processing if no match is found" which
translates in my (simple ;-) mind to "optionally continue processing if
no match is found".

But it's so hard to agree on names, whoever does the implementation
gets to decide ;-)

-Bertrand