cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [CForms] <form enctype>
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:03:39 GMT

On Aug 4, 2004, at 12:54 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 04.08.2004 19:04, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>
>> I added this to my forms-field-styling.xsl in the template for
>> <fi:form-template>:
>>           <xsl:if test="descendant::node()/fi:upload">
>>                 <xsl:attribute
>> name="enctype">multipart/form-data</xsl:attribute>
>>                 </xsl:if>
>> Good idea, or bad?  It seems like if CForms can add this attribute
>> automagically, there's no reason for me to have to remember to do it
>> with my bare hands in the form template.
>> If I submit a patch, I'll update the userdoc as well, so I don't want
>> to go to the trouble if somebody knows a reason why the patch
>> wouldn't be acceptable, so let me know...
>
> Good idea, I do it at the moment in the form template. Forgetting the
> @enctype led also to confusion for users:

Embarrassingly enough, I spend too much time this morning trying to
figure why my upload widget value was coming back null.  Then all of a
sudden I realized I had forgotten to add enctype to this form (it
originally didn't contain an upload control, I added it).  Sheeesh
<slaps forehead>...

> I only would change the test to "descendant::fi:upload".

yes, good...

> I can not apply it as my system has not migrated to SVN yet.

OK, no hurry, or maybe someone else can... anyhow, I'll prepare the
patch and BZ it.

~ml