cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject RE: Javaflow status
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:48:36 GMT
I also want to use Javaflow, but I think it's still a bit unstable, due
to the BCEL libraries that are used (I guess). Just wondering, isn't
there something else that can be used instead of BCEL?

Another option you can use is Apples (see the samples). This seems to
work very stable, but coding the flow is a little bit harder (IMO),
since it cannot do a "sendPageAndWait()", but only a sendPage(), and
after sending a page the process() cycle must return (I think that
sendPage only sets the URL, which will be processed later by the apples
interpreter). You can use the state design pattern to write your apples
(see the woody/forms binding sample in particular).

Bart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goers [mailto:Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 4:40 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Javaflow status

I've looked through recent emails to try to determine what the status of
Javaflow is.  I've seen one issue that doesn't appear to be closed.  I'm
wondering how stable this is as compared to the javascript version of
flow.

Due to the problems with using Rhino in weblogic we are seriously
considering using javaflow instead, but I'd like to know what, if any,
limitations there will be.

Thanks,
Ralph