cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <>
Subject Request for a small change in CustomJXPathBinding
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:21:21 GMT
Hi all,

Three days ago, I posted an email [1] with a small change request in
custom binding. There is IMO a small problem when trying to bind a value
on a bean that is null (ie. the value is null before saving it in a
binding). The following line in throws an
JXPathContext context =

This is because the property in the bean is null. My proposal was to
pass the original context (ie. jxpc) along with the xpath string to the
custom binding. This gives more flexibility, e.g. for me, I let users
select a key on a form, then I want to use the binding to find some
persistent object using the key (and setting that object inside the

Secondly, I proposed to pass the service manager from the
CustomJXPathBindingBuilder's assistant to the custom bindigs.

Would this be a good change? Or do I need to implement my own binding,
to realize my requirements?

I (think) can do the changes myself, I already looked at it.

View raw message