cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why JXTG sucks? was: FreeMarker integration
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:47:52 GMT
Il giorno 10/ago/04, alle 11:13, Leszek Gawron ha scritto:

> 1. you cannot parse string from your model as xml, had do use session
>    hacks to do that ( put flowscript function into session, use it via
>    macro in jxtg):

I don't think it's the view's responsibility to parse XML. Parse it in
the flowscript and pass the resulting DOM to the view. You can do that
in bizData without using the session at all.

> 2. same for wiki syntax

Same as above.

WRT your other points, I agree that the JXTG is somewhat limiited and
clumsy, but don't try to have it do more than what it should, otherwise
you're back to  XSP.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/