cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [request] creation of the Tani branch
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:28:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

> Just like Ugo, I feel the need for a clean slate and a place where I
> can work without breaking everybody else's code. I personally don't
> care if the code will be used or not, what I care is to create a
> prototype to show to this community and to my group at MIT, what real
> blocks can give you and how they can make your life better (and, for
> my group at MIT, show why Cocoon is not just an XSLT servlet anymore,
> shrug)

No doubt you agree with this, but it has do be said: it's not only about
"showing" others, but also about allowing others to jump in, which is
essential is this is to become the future foundations Cocoon is built on.

+1 for new-kernel-renamed-to-tani-or-whatever-its-name. The important
point, as you mentioned, is that packages names remain brand-less.

Sylvain