cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [request] creation of the Tani branch
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:04:25 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I hereby request
> the creation of the "tani" effort, which is the codename for what I hope
> it will become "Cocoon 2.2", even if this will have to be decided by the
> community once we feel confident enough.
>
> One of my goals for such a new framework is transparent migration:
> therefore 2.2 and not 3.0. Also we'll try to keep as much as the
> existing code as possible, to avoid rewrite, therefore introducing new
> bugs and stuff.

I agree with 2.X designation as opposed to 3.0; but I thought we already
have kind of plan for 2.2, so most probably your work will land into 2.3
(once stable enough ;-) ?

Other than that, go ahead. I just don't see a point in renaming from
"new-kernel" to "tani": I don't understand what "tani" means, why we
need new name, and, OTOH, "new-kernel" is simple and understandable, so
I would leave it as "new-kernel", or "blocks-kernel"...

Vadim