cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <>
Subject Re: Stops Cocoon the response on cancel?
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:25:03 GMT
Stephan Coboos wrote:
> Hallo,
> I would like to know whether Cocoon stops creating the output stream if the
> user canceles the response. For example I have a SQLTransformer sheet and in
> it SQL statements which can take a long time of execution. So, what I'd like
> to know is whether the user canceles the response is the sql stream (db
> connection) canceled, too? Or finishes the SQLTransformer the output
> (ResultSet) from the database first?
> It would be nice if the user can canceles the response (database query) if
> it takes too long and then no background process will be longer executed.
I think the only way to stop generating content is to detect an error on
    sending data to client. When this happens depends only on content
caching. AFAIR cocoon caches full content before sending it to client in
case some exception happens. This way the framework is able to send you
a error screen even after failure. You can disable this feature.

Leszek Gawron

View raw message