cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: AW: HSSFSerializer doesn't work with XSLTransformer?
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:56:53 GMT
Stephan Coboos wrote:
>>Because of a bug in serializer? Xalan catches NPE and re-throws it
>>loosing stacktrace. Catch original NPE and see where it is thrown; IMHO
>>it is coming from hssf serializer.
> 
> 
> this is the whole stacktrace, does it help?

This is the whole stacktrace, right, but not of the *original* 
exception. Rather, this is whole stacktrace of *other* exception which 
is thrown as a result of NPE.

Because of that, no stacktrace of NPE shows up below. See source code of 
  TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407) for yourself.

So, catch original NPE, it will be more helpful.

Vadim


> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
> .processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:283)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
> tractProcessingPipeline.java:490)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
> alizeNode.java:120)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:49)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> ineNode.java:126)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> linesNode.java:101)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:336)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:277)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
> e.java:103)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:49)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> ineNode.java:126)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> linesNode.java:101)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:336)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:277)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:639)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1098)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:237)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:157)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:214)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
> Valve.java:198)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:152)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
> )
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
> )
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:102)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :109)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:104)
> 	at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
> 	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
> 	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
> 	at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConne
> ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
> 	at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:683)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerH
> andlerImpl.java:433)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer
> .java:549)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractSAXTransformer.endDocument(Abstract
> SAXTransformer.java:279)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator
> .java:3230)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.performGeneration(JXTemplat
> eGenerator.java:2979)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$TransformerAdapter$Template
> Consumer.endDocument(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2742)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.endDocument(XMLTeePipe.java:67)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatc
> h(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:296)
> 	at org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:315)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:252)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:116)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
> .processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:260)
> 	... 46 more
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
> 	at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerH
> andlerImpl.java:433)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer
> .java:549)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.transformation.AbstractSAXTransformer.endDocument(Abstract
> SAXTransformer.java:279)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator
> .java:3230)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.performGeneration(JXTemplat
> eGenerator.java:2979)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$TransformerAdapter$Template
> Consumer.endDocument(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2742)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.endDocument(XMLTeePipe.java:67)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endDocument(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.endEntity(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.endEntity(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.skipSpaces(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$TrailingMiscDispatcher.dispatc
> h(Unknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:296)
> 	at org.apache.excalibur.xml.impl.JaxpParser.parse(JaxpParser.java:315)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.parse(SourceUtil.java:252)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:116)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline
> .processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:260)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(Abs
> tractProcessingPipeline.java:490)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(Seri
> alizeNode.java:120)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:49)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> ineNode.java:126)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> linesNode.java:101)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:336)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:277)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
> e.java:103)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:49)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:130)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> ineNode.java:126)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> linesNode.java:101)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:336)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:277)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:639)

..

Mime
View raw message