cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Rhino revisited
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:10:56 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> We have finally bitten the bullet and are trying to use flowscript.
> Unfortunately it is a no-go since we have to support weblogic server.
> Since cocoon uses its own version of rhino could it be renamed from
> org.mozilla to org.apache.cocoon?

org.apache.cocoon is not possible, I think, because Rhino is MPL-ed and
can't be ALv2-ed. Some 3rd party package should be ok (like org.outerj?).

> Without some sort of change it is
> impossible to use Javascript.

I made an attempt once on merging changes back into Mozilla trunk. The
major roadblock I found are the changes made to the Interpreter.java on
the trunk, and our ContinuationInterpreter.java is built on top of that.

If somebody can reimplement ContinuationInterpreter.java on top of
Interpreter.java from Mozilla trunk, I can send the code with other
changes merged in.

Vadim