cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <>
Subject Re: Subversion really slow
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:27:24 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Unico Hommes wrote:
>>> My experience with subversion since we switched is that the cocoon
>>> repository is painfully slow at least using subclipse. I haven't much
>>> previous experience with subversion but I was under the impression
>>> that it should be more performant then CVS? So, I am wondering
>>> whether this is a problem with subclipse, the apache svn repository
>>> or subversion itself. I also noticed that cvs web subversion browsing
>>> is equally slow.
>>> Even worse, on my computer at home I haven't been able to checkout
>>> Cocoon at all because it keeps craching my computer. Both using the
>>> command line client and subclipse. Anybody have similar experience
>>> and/or advice?
>>> --
>>> Unico
>> in my case cli works like a charm. I've resigned from subclipse - had
>> the same problems you have.
> Yes I've just installed the CLI and it works like you say. Could it be
> the JNI interface that causes it to be so slow?
In my case it looked like subclipse while "synchronizing" started to
consume 100% of CPU without creating any network traffic. Checkout
worked 	quite ok. Commit also (if I did not want to list changed files
in whole project). I think there's some kind of bug/performance problem
in Subclipse itself and not JNI as some actions work reasonably well.

Leszek Gawron

View raw message