cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Subversion really slow
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:33:51 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> On OS X Panther:
>
> $ time svn update
> At revision 36287.
>
> real    1m6.448s
> user    0m2.010s
> sys     0m4.010s

On Windows XP, HDD 7200 RPM, last access timestamp disabled:

cocoon-2.2.X $ time svn up
At revision 36287.

real    0m29.125s
user    0m1.632s
sys     0m2.663s

> Most of the time seems to be spent in the server or the network, since
> the client appears to be practically idle.

IMHO, Most of the time is disk IO.

> Time to switch OS maybe? ;-) CVS times seem to be comparable

Not yet - my time is twice shorter than your time :-)

> $ time cvs -d :ext:ugo@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs -q -z3 update -dP
> real    1m0.474s
> user    0m2.390s
> sys     0m7.310s

cocoon-2.1-20040517 $ time cvs -q -z3 update -Pd
? src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching/I18nMatcher.java
src/blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/portlet/PortletEnvironment.java
src/blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/portlet/PortletRequest.java
src/blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/portlet/PortletSession.java
M src/blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portlet/CocoonPortlet.java
M src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/ContinuationsManagerImpl.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/FOM_WebContinuation.java

real    0m35.033s
user    0m5.147s
sys     0m8.602s

Vadim