cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hibernate question
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:06:59 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 11/ago/04, alle 01:37, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:
>
>>> Are they in trouble or are we wrong?
>>

>> Nobody is in trouble (unless the hibernate people go after them, which
>> would be a pretty stupid thing to do anyway)
>
> Stupid and counter to what they have publicly stated many times, that
> their own interpretation of the LGPL is that it is not viral.

For the record: interpretation with which I personally agree.

If I redistribute a jar file that has the exact same MD5 of the one they
distribute I am *not* modifying the library, even if my code extends one
of their classes.

But the FSF (who doesn't like the LGPL but the cat is out of the bag)
does not want to make such a public statement.

--
Stefano.