cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Thornton <and...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Hibernate question
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:18:52 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Steven Noels wrote:
>

>>ASF codebase, regardless of what the Hibernate folks state themselves.
>

> Unelss they donate a second version of the code under a Software grant and
> ongoing CLA - but i doubt that it would ever be clean enough for
> incubation without that whole community going for it.

Shouldn't we be asking Spring to check this situation out? If the
classes that are tainted can be separated out in to a separate jar, and
are only referred to by class name parametrically then that jar can be
relicensed as LGPL and the LGPL'ness can be contained.

I'm really not sure how Spring decides which ORM backend is being used.
But I would be very surprised if it did it in some hardcoded way.

andy

--
andrew@caret.cam.ac.uk / art27@cantab.net
"Absinthe makes the hog Jane Fonda"