cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: why JXTG sucks? was: FreeMarker integration
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:25:26 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 11/ago/04, alle 10:00, Leszek Gawron ha scritto:
>
>> - I end up inserting a wiki parser in user session and referencing it
>> in jx template via:
>> ${cocoon.session.wikify( activity.task.project.description,
>> cocoon.consumer) }
>> Same for any other formatter or presentational macro (like link
>> decorator)
>

> A possible solution would be to write a WikifyingTransformer and put it
> after the JXTG in the pipeline. Wouldn't this be cleaner or am I missing
> something?
>
>     Ugo

fine for a single formatter, a nightmare if you end up with 10 or so.
Even with one you have to be sure to transform your every view with your
new transformer.

And what about performance issues? Wouldn't this slow rendering down?

Chief Technology Officer                           MobileBox sp. z o.o.