cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Concerns surrounding CocoonNG
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:55:25 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>I know far too little about Spring in general (i.e. never worked with it) and GBeans in
particular (i.e. have not read enough), to be able to provide a good answer.

>As for Spring, I think the apparent convergence between Merlin and Spring is based on
two different starting points. Merlin starting out as a Model-driven architecture, with strong
typing, a strong IoC as its base, where as Spring started out with making IoC-style out of
JavaBeans.

Mmh... can you elaborate on the meaning of "model-driven" and "_strong_
IOC"?

Sylvain